My Halloween Mummy Pin

Sunday, September 21, 2008


One of my favorite crafts is making felt pins. I get my best ideas looking store catalogs and one of my favorite sites to get one is from Terry's Village.

I made a felt mummy pin. Here's how I made mine. First I started with scrap felt for the body of the mummy. He sort looked like a gumby shape (for those who can remember the show).

Mummy pattern for felt pin
In the beginning he did not look like much...he only had the makings that only a "mummy" could love. (sorry I could not help but make that joke)

Once the body was stuffed, I added goggly eyes and a pom pom nose (which was like left over from the pervious year I made reindeer pins). It doesn't matter that the stitching is shown because I will be adding his mummy dressings.
mummy in the making
Then I added strips of off-white felt that I have added with tacky glue all over the body and sewed a small piece of black felt (as a tear on the felt mummy). Then as a treat for myself, I used it in photo shop to make a Halloween siggy.

Here's my finshed Mummy Pin!
Photobucket

Well, what do you think of my Mummy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP