Blues Clues Felt Pin

Monday, September 29, 2008

Blues Clues Felt Pin


This is a felt pin I made several years ago that I though I'd share here in my craft blog. The felt pins were made as Party Favors for my oldest son's birthday. He was a big fan of the Blues Clues show. Now my youngest son who is a toddler enjoys the show and I plan on making some for him.

Blue was made with two colors of felt. The darker of the two is called "blueberry" that I purchased at Walmart. It may also go by the name"royal blue." The lighter of the two is called "light blue." I have seen it also called "sky blue." I used red felt for her tongue.

As you can see below, Blue's head has a basic puppy shape and then I started adding her spots.
Making Blues Clues felt pin

I could not find googly eyes small enough and I wanted the eyes oval shaped so I opted to stitch the eyes by hand. I used embroidery thread but I suppose you can use regular sewing thread instead.

I used Polyfil batting to stuff the pin with. I find it easier to shape with than using cotton balls. I did not use a blanket stitch as I now do with most of my felt projects. I figured the kids would pull on the stitching if I did.

Overall I think I did a good job with Blue! Here she is below!
Blues clues pin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP